Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Dear no one in particular, 
on the long weekend of May 15 and 16th, I was able to experience such an amazing, Christ-radiating event at our CFC-YOUTH Annual RYC (or for those of you who don't know, Regional Youth Conference).
I don't wanna spoil anything for those of you who aren't in CFC-Youth yet, but it's something you truly have to witness yourself. 

This year's RYC was only the second one that I've attended, but the Lord blessed me with the opportunity to lead my chapter's Junior Band (shout-out to Francis Trans and The Surrey 2 Boots & Cats) as well as to be able to serve Set-Design for the event. Preparing for the conference took countless days and multiples hours of work and dedication. At the end, it was worth it all to go through so much energy and even stress throughout preparations, because along the way, I was able to become so much close to some of my fellow brothers and sisters in Christ, and do it all for the joy of the Lord! One of my favorite things of RYC itself, is the preparations for it because it just makes me so excited upon anticipating the event.

As a small part of the service team, I was invited to attend the event's Recollection which was a few days before the event (2 days before to be precise). And after helping out with set design, I made my way to the Church where the Recollection took place. Just so I don't spoil it for those who may serve in the future, I will briefly explain how it effected me!
The Recollection really opened my eyes throughout RYC because through it, the Lord reminded me to offer up all my stress and any suffering up to Him for His greater glory. Not only that, but it gave me the strength to remain humble in preparation for the event whether it be within the service team or with junior band. 

How great is our God, for I was set and ready to take part in such an incredible event.
Day one of RYC was filled with Junior Band performances, and little did I know service and the band would consume pretty much all of day one for me, which I didn't mind at all!
Throughout the entire event, I took what I learned from the Recollection and the workshops, and sessions, to truly develop the meaning and theme of this year's RYCON. 
I learned to truly offer up all of the preparations that were made before and during the event, all the competitions I took part in, and any other feelings I had of doubt, stress, or joy!
I was able to glorify to the Lord in all that I did, and remember that it was all for Him, and for the glory of Him! AMDG, hehe.
The songs of praise were amazing, Adoration was beautiful and Morning Mass was very joyful!
To gather my thoughts, I was truly reassured by the love of our Lord and could rely in trusting Him throughout it all. I have never felt so loved by Pacific Region until the final praise-fest of the night, and you could feel Christ's presence and His essence of love. 
("Love is itself, the fulfillment of all our works")
Honestly, this specific event, was the most I've ever cried consecutively ever in my life, and it was pretty significant! Praise the Lord for the victory of Junior Band, I can't thank Him and Junior Band enough. I'm so proud of them, and thankful I was able to serve the band members, and that I was able to allow the Lord to work through me.
RYCON 2015 Believe was such a breath-taking (literally) event, and dear friend, I hope one day you can attend an event similar to this one that can ignite your heart to be ablaze for the Lord.
Until next time.

Sincerely the Lord's,
Patricia 





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.